The ZV Series of low voltage varistors is designed to protect sensitive electronics devices against high voltage surges in the low voltage region. They offer excellent transient energy absorption due to improved energy volume distribution and power dissipation. Low voltage varistors cover wide DC operating voltage range from 3V to 170V. The ZVY Series is the same except for higher operating temperatures up to 150°C.
ZV varistors are typically applied to protect components at the circuit board level.
- Nickel barrier terminations
- AC operating voltage (Vrms) from 2V to 130V
- DC operating voltage (Vdc) from 3V to 170V
- No plastic coating guarantees better flammability rating
- Bi-directional, low clamping voltages
- Broad range of current and energy handling capabilities
- +125°C continuous operating temperature, +150°C for ZVY
- Dimensional and weight savings on PC board
- AgPd end terminations also available
- ZVY high temperature product will have performance
characteristics different from the ZV.
Contact Factory for specific details.
- Compliant with the requirements of AEC-Q200 (Grade 1)
ESD protection for components sensitive to IEC 1000-4-2, MIL-STD 883C Method 3015.7 and other industry specifications
- Suppression of inductive switching or other low to medium transient events at the circuit board level
- Provides on-board transient voltage protection of ICs and transistors
- Replace larger surface mount TVS Zeners in many applications
- Used to help achieve electromagnetic compliance of end products
- 6 model sizes available 0603, 0805, 1206, 1210, 1812 and 2220
For more information about Stackpole products, contact Stackpole Electronics, Inc. at
Stackpole Electronics, Inc.
2700 Wycliff Road Suite 410,
Raleigh NC 27607
Stackpole Electronics Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of resistors supplying to the worlds largest OEMs, contract manufacturers and distributors. Headquartered in Raleigh, N.C., the privately held company began manufacturing in 1928 as part of Stackpole Carbon Company in St. Mary's, Pennsylvania. Now part of the Akahane Stackpole Manufacturing Group (ASMG), Stackpole has manufacturing facilities in Japan, Taiwan, China and Mexico; warehousing facilities in El Paso, Shenzhen and Japan; and international sales offices in Tokyo, Taipei, London, Hong Kong and Shenzhen.